Business Disputes and Commercial Litigation
Bridget Bobick James is an Atlanta business litigation lawyer with a proven track record of successfully handling business disputes and other commercial litigation matters in the state of Georgia. Unresolved business disputes can be a major distraction for business owners. Hiring a skilled attorney who can represent the interests of your company in litigation is the first step toward resolution. My extensive experience includes managing all aspects of business litigation including discovery, hearings, strategy, trials and appeals. I represent plaintiffs and defend businesses or other parties in disputes involving claims such as breach of contract, conversion, fraud and other business torts.
Representative Business Litigation Cases
- Counsel for AMEX Assurance Company in federal court interpleader action concerning whether slayer statute barred claim for accidental death benefits.
- In dispute involving neighbors, efficiently resolved property easement matter favorably for clients prior to litigation.
- Successfully defended national bank in case involving conversion, breach of contract, and business tort claims; assisted in obtaining defense verdict at jury trial in federal court, which was affirmed on appeal to the Eleventh Circuit.
- In international business dispute, participated in all stages of litigation including obtaining defense verdict in federal court jury trial.
- Favorably resolved severance compensation dispute for executive through demand letter, obtaining successful results for client while incurring minimal litigation expenses.
- Obtained default judgment for client against defendant in breach of contract case concerning a marketing company’s failure to provide services for which client had paid.